Thursday, April 30, 2009

Ode to My Love

An open letter to Henry L. Green:

Thank you for forty wonderful years. I love you more today than I did yesterday and my love continues to grow. I wrote this for you.

Ode To My Love

Words can not bestow
The feelings of my heart
Yet, I know that my life
Stands still
Whenever we're apart.
I live, breathe, and grow
In the sunshine of your love.
Without you
My soul would wither,
Die, and blow away,
Crumbled to dust.
Life has little meaning
Without you, my love.

Your smile is like
A nourishing rain,
Refreshing and nurturing,
Bringing new life, growth,
And the warmth of love's burning flame.
Were I a real poet,
Truly in command,
I could lay out before you
That inner refrain
That would sing out
With joy and happiness-
Yet, in silence
I love you,
Forever more.

Original Poem by Celestine Green

No comments:

Post a Comment