Thursday, February 16, 2012

"White Collar" Actor Matt Bomer Confirms He's Gay

Matthew BomerImage via Wikipedia


The star of the USA series "White Collar," Matt Bomer, officially came out as gay on Saturday, People magazine reported.

Bomer, who plays con-artist-turned-FBI-helper Neal Caffrey on the hit series, publically thanked his partner Simon Halls and their three children, as he accepted an honor at the Steve Chase Humanitarian Awards. Bomer picked up an award for his efforts in the fight against HIV/AIDS, saying, "I'd really especially like to thank my beautiful family: Simon, Kitt, Walker, Henry."


Bomer had earlier decided not to comment on speculation surrounding his love life, telling Details magazine in 2010, "I don't care about that at all. I'm completely happy and fulfilled in my personal life."
Partner Simon Halls is a publicist in Hollywood, representing actors such as Neil Patrick Harris and "Glee" creator, Ryan Murphy. Bomer is set to guest star on an upcoming episode of "Glee" in April.

Personally, I don't see why this information is news worthy and I look forward to the day when individuals will be accepted without public announcement about their private lives such as this.  There's so much more to talk about. e.g., world hunger, political freedom, slavery, world peace, and racial wealth disparity, etc..
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment