Saturday, January 7, 2012

How Tall is Your Favorite Celebrity?


The other day I went to the movies to catch "Mission Impossible-Ghost Protocol. As I sat crunching my popcorn while transfixed by the breakneck speed of the movie's plot, I happened to notice how all the actors were about the same height. Since Tom Cruise isn't a giant by any means, I did a little research when I got home to see just how tall the screen icon is. Of course, once on that journey, I found surprises in the height of a number of well-known celebrities. See if you imagined these celebs at the height they actually are.


Tom Cruise is 5'7" tall; wife Katie Holmes is 5'9". Love obviously doesn't care about a few inches difference. Taking a look at some other famous couples, we find Nicole Kidman at 5'11" and husband Keith Urban at 5'9" or 5'10", depending on the publication you favor. Though I always guessed him shorter, Brad Pitt stand 5'11" , while Angelina Jolie, whom I always thought taller, is 5'8". Beyonce Knowles is 5"6" while husband Jay Z measures 6'2". Oprah Winfrey is 5'7" tall, while longtime companion Stedman Graham measures 6'7".  I never guessed that Stedman was that tall.

All the basketball stars are tall, as expected: Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant are 6'6" tall, while Dwayne Wade is 6'4" vs a towering Shaquille O'Neal at 7'1".  Superstar LeBron James is 6'7" and NBA great Magic Johnson is 6'9". Somehow I thought basketball stars were getting taller.  I quess it's skill not just height. Duh!

Just as you expect basketball player to have height, so does the "super model". Tyra Banks and Naomi Campbell are 5'10" but,  Gisele Bundchen is 5'11" (husband NFL quarterback Tom Brady is 6'4").

Looking at British royalty, we find Queen Elizabeth I was 5'11" while Queen Elizabeth II is only 5'4" in height. Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, nee Kate Middleton, is 5'10", but William Arthur Phillip Louis, better known as Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, is 6'3".

Although I can't understand why the media continues to report on everything Kardashian, but in case you wondered, Kim is 5'2", Kourtney is 5' and Khloe is 5'9" tall.

Looking at occupants of the White House, Bill Clinton is 6'2", Hillary is 5'7", and Chelsea is 5'9".  The tallest First Lady was Eleanor Roosevelt at 5'11", followed by current First Lady Michelle Obama at 5'10".  President Barack Obama is 6'1" while his predecessor George W. Bush stood 6'.

The shortest woman I noticed was Iron Chef Cat Cora at 4'11".  The shortest man was Danny De Vito at 5' (followed by Prince at 5'2").

All I can remember is my mother telling me to stand up straight and not to worry about my height, as she reminded me that all the "Miss Americas" were tall.  I remember thinking "yes, and they are all white", but that's another story.

Stand tall and work with what God gave you.  He never makes a mistake, so make it work!

No comments:

Post a Comment